Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Taking Liberties

It occurs to me that I really should state that i am taking some artistic liberties when discussing the Yamas. I am presenting them in class primarily as how they make sense to me and that is really based on quite a bit of contemplation. I am trying to make sure that I state the classical view as well, but certainly most of the conversation is from my perspective which is whole-heartedly a Tantric one.

OK. That said. This week we are finishing up the yamas with aparigraha, non-grasping. Aparigraha is to be in the flow of life without clinging to all of the trappings in the form of all of our stuff or even to people that we may attach to in an unhealthy way. It is very similar in many ways to Asteya. So the way that I have been teaching this has been very much based on what is going on in my life which is all about taking a look at the way in which I am being asked to spend my energy and really streamlining all of that so that my energy can be of the absolute most service in all of my relationships (with friends, with family, with myself, with God). This has been actually a very fun process because letting go of that which does not serve so well is so freeing. Talk about stepping into the flow! So that is where I am coming from in this conversation about Apargraha. Streamline. Stop latching on to everything in a way that derails my energy. And in doing so, taste the sweetness of the moment even more deeply. Sweet.

We are also working on Inner and Outer Spiral this week. Another form of Balanced Action. I will write about this more later in the week. Big topic. Will take way more than one week to understand. Actually this is one of my most favorite things to teach so it is very fun for me.

Chris came in and recorded today, so this sequence is actually on film. Hooray!

Level 2

  • Dog Pose
  • Lunge
  • Uttanasana
  • 3 Surya Namaskar
  • Parsvakonasana
  • Trikonasana
  • Vrksasana
  • Parvottanasana
  • Parivritta Trikonasana
  • Parvsvakonasna to Ardha Chandrasana to Trikonasana
  • Anjaneyasana 2x
  • Pigeon thigh stretch
  • Janu Sirsasana
  • Triang Muhkaikapada Pascimottanasana
  • Krauncausana
  • Runner’s lunge
  • Big Pigeon (foot to sternum or face)
  • Hanumanasana 2x
  • Dog pose
  • Uttanasana
  • Childs
  • Savasana

Namasate!

enjoy the sunshine!

No comments: