Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Boston Level 2 teacher training!

I think that I have finally made the transition to the home of my new blog.  So yippie!  I can actually post.  Pardon me while I ever so slowly try to catch up to the technology of the 21st century.

I am at a teacher training with John Friend in Boston for the week, and as usual, I am completely blown away.  At some point in the last few days I realized that I probably have close to 1000 hours with John accumulated over the last 7 years or so, and I swear, he has never been as clear and refined and unbelievably sophisticated in his teaching.  This is the best ever.  He is really the best teacher that I have ever had the privilege to study with, and he just keeps getting better.   Pretty inspiring.  This is the first training that I have done quite so pregnant and it really is turning out to be such a gift, it is just not all about me.  Thank God!  Also, this is the first teacher training that I have done in 4 years, and is more refined.  Certainly John is.  But me too.  I am 4 years deeper into my teaching experience and so for me everything seems so much more practical than it did when I had only been teaching for a few years.

OK, Maple is blowing up now after not seeing Mama all day.  Gotta go....

No comments: