Monday, August 17, 2009

another 45

I want to share with you a fantastic sequence that i just finished practicing while my kids slept. Slept! This sequence was given to me by my friend and teacher Christina Sell, whom many of you know and likewise love.
But before I lay it out, I just want to say that it is simply wonderful to begin the week with a therapy appointment. It is marvelous to put everything into perspective before I actually have lost it entirely. So there you go. Perfect.

note: the times Christina has given me for the inversions are significantly longer. They are shorter here.

1 minute AMS
1 min uttanasana

5 minute Sirsasana (with variations, such as eka pada, parsvaikapada, padmasana)

10 minutes of standing poses- 1 minute per side

Parsvakonasana
Trikonasana
Parivritta Trikonasana
Parivritta Parsvakonasana
Uttanasana

5 minute virasana

10 minutes of forward folds- 1 min per side

paschimottanasana
janu sirsasana
triang muhkaikapada paschimottanasana
ardha baddha padma paschimottanasana
marichyasana 1
paschimottanasana

5 minute Sarvangasana with same variations as Sirsasana
halasana

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

No comments: