Friday, August 14, 2009

a new sequence

I have been errant. I know. I am so sorry. Here is a new sequence. Down and dirty.

Speaking of which, before I go any further, I want to share the fun of the day with you. I am home from the 2nd week of the Viroqua cyclocross races. I am utterly exhausted and happy. Doing it on a day when I wake up before 6 to practice is pretty insane, and also just right. I am here to say that everyone should come. It is a delightful way to spend a Friday afternoon with the whole family. So you heard it here. Check it out over in my blog roll. There should be some good pictures up later tonight.

OK. Yoga.

I have been taking a weekly class up in Lacrosee with an amazing teacher and so I am feeling very influenced by Iyengar Yoga. But my roots will always be Anusara. So everything right now is a bit of a smattering. Enjoy. I am too tired to say much more. Other than this: do come on Sunday! I am devising a sequence to really open up the shoulders and upper back. Besides, how much longer can we really get together at 6:30 in the morning anyhow?

Centering
1 minute each
Supta Padangustasana 1-4
jatara parivartanasana
navasana
Supta Virasana (3-5 minutes)
Adho Mukha Svanasana

Parivritta Trikonasana
Parivritta Parsvakonasana
Uttanasana
Urdhva Prasarita Eka Padasana
Ardha Padmottanasana
Uttanasana

Paschimottanasana
Janu sirsasana
Ardha Padma Pascimottanasana (support the knee with a blanket if you need to)
Paschimottanasana

Setubandha (sacrum on a block and feet at the wall- legs straight) 5 minutes

Wahoo!

No comments: