Sunday, May 31, 2009

Something to consider

This morning's practice was lovely. Lovely. I have been getting on to my mat so infrequently that often when I do it just feels like ironing out all of the kinks. But today was a great flow of energy. Did I say lovely? And then after practice we appreciated what a beautiful day it is and how it is hard to get yourself to go indoors on such a beautiful day, even if it is to practice yoga with friends. And now that it school is out for the summer, and it is so light out so early, there really is nothing stopping us from moving the practice times up to an earlier slot. This was the conversation. And then my family arrived. And there was a full meltdown happening. Papa is super with his babes, but Eider likes to take a morning nap right around nine, and he is still really in the groove of mama making that happen for him. Can;t really blame him. So I started thinking. Eider really does not nurse in the early morning. In fact he is usually asleep until at least 7 (sometimes even 9, but I won't go into that) and never wants to nurse when he first wakes up. (Can you tell that he is having a hard time taking the bottle?) So, practicing from 6-8am might really work for my family. I shared this idea with Chris and he was nervous that it may wake folks, especially Maple, up before 6 which would be sad. But it may not. And I think that it is worth checking out. And there is big spectrum of earlier times: 6-8, 6:30-8:30, 7-9. We could play with it.

This brings me to another topic, which is something that I have been thinking about for awhile. I have been thinking about taking a break from teaching for a bit, mostly because of how much I am needing to get my own practice on track. And teaching without having much practice in my own being has always seemed silly to me not to mention downright challenging. So, after Christina's workshop (which is a mere 3 weeks away!), the Friday morning class will become a led practice, just like Sunday morning. I hope that this works out well for folks. I am certainly still available during these times to answer questions and to generally help folks out, but I will be practicing too, which I am much looking forward to.

So this week: Friday class as normal 9:30-11:15. And then Sunday, let try 6:30-8:30 am. Why not? And then we will see how folks would feel about moving up the Friday class time. I think that it will work quite well for folks. Just for the summer.

One final note, Christina Sell is coming! Send me your registration immediately! We are going to have an absolute blast. And if you haven't been exposed to the major marketing campaign of Kathy O'Rourke, I hope that you have the opportunity to experience her in action soon. She is amazing.

I will confirm the schedule later in the week. In the meantime, get into the garden, spend time with family and friends, and enjoy the sunshine!

No comments: