Friday, August 21, 2009

This morning's practice

It is a rainy day and oh boy is 6 am much earlier now than it was mid-summer. But I made it in and did a pretty mellow practice with some inversion and a little bit of backbend work. I am working on a great little nugget that I received from Chris Saudek in Lacrosee. It is really a gem and I think will help me really open up my backbends. That and a chair. Must really get a chair! Or at the very least finish the ones that Chris Newlin started like 2 years ago.

So we are going to meet at the warehouse until labor day weekend. But we will change the time to 7 and go until right around 8:45. Much more manageable.

And then that will be it. I am not going to offer anything this fall. Just take some time to regroup and work on my own practice. I am getting into a nice groove and I hope to just keep it going until the time is right to offer some classes. Hopefully, in January all of the pieces will have come together to support me in teaching 2 or 3 times a week.

So, until then, come in and join me for these last few group practices. I may try and offer a few special events during the fall. So keep checking here. I will be recreating this blog in the next few weeks to reflect this time in my life. It will still chronicle my own practice, but it will also have a lot of my reflections on mothering and living in a small rural community, both through the lens of yoga.

I hope that this is all as interesting to you as it is to me.

Love.

No comments: