Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Day, really.

I just have to say, this is a great community. We had a lovely practice today, mellow and sweet in the company of one another. Kristina, Anne, Hallie, Kae, and myself. I am not exactly sure what we did, but it was great! I am feeling very pregnant suddenly and quite a few poses are now throwing themselves into the asana heap, not to be touched again until I am post-partum. It is kind of awesome in a way. Just letting it go and surrendering to the temporal nature of everything.

Which is part of what the New Year is about in a way. Sure, there is the whole aspect of being resolute about your intentions, and I am all in favor of that for sure. But there is this whole other side of returning once again to the beginning of a cycle and acknowledging the ways in which you are at once back where you have been before and yet deeply transformed from how you were 5 years ago, or even last year for goodness sake! It is exhilarating to have an new opportunity for beginnings and there can be a ton of grief wrapped up in it as well.

I don't know. I have really been feeling the bitter sweet quality of the day all day today.

It was great to see folks today and share the love of yoga with them. I can't even begin to express how much that means to me. I also am forever indebted to how much life advice I always receive. For example: How was I to know until Kristina informed me that indeed a passport and birth certificate will not suffice for air travel. I must have a valid driver license. So it looks like I am swinging through the Richland Center DMV on our way to Milwaukee tomorrow. Because, yes its true, we are headed to the beach for a week. You may have noticed from the yoga spree photos that the folks here in Wisconsin are looking awfully pale. Matching the walls (light blue), and the snow (well, um, white). So we are out of here for a bit. And then when we return it will just be time to hunker down and get ready for baby. Which for us means a ton of home fix it projects and lots of knitting (I have realized that this is my version of nesting, its OK really). And Kinderhaus for Maple. Hopefully Chris and Maple will do lots of ice skating and skiing. While I knit. Or sleep. Or get Kae to make chocolate eclairs for me ("no, its not a long john"). Wow, I am really rambling now.

The big news is that it doesn't look like John Friend is making the swing through Chicago next summer. I was pretty sad about this until I realized that it totally opens us up to host Christina Sell again next June. She will come back for the same weekend that she was here last year. June 19-21. The summer solstice. It is going to be great! let me know soon if you are interested. We will have a minimum that we need this year to get the workshop to fly. I am really looking forward to it. Nothing better really. Summer. Farmers market. Swimming. World class yoga instruction that you can walk to in your tiny town (Or the amazing progressive rural community that you are visiting for a world class yoga weekend getaway!).

That's all for now. I will be posting on my trip, so if you need a little reminder that the sun is still shining somewhere.... come visit.
Love.

No comments: