Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday

It was just Kristina and I at practice this morning, so I decided to do Geeta Iyengar's pre-natal sequence from her book "Yoga: a Gem for Women". This is all that I really did for my entire 3rd trimester with Maple, but I had only done it once this pregnancy. It was great. Utterly perfect. We omitted the inversions as those are just out for me at this point (except for pinca mayurasana which still feels so good to my upper back). It was the first time in about a month that practicing felt really perfect. The Iyengars are such masters at sequencing, you can really feel alchemy happening as the practice unfolds.

This is what we did. I may be forgetting something because I do not have it in front of me...

AMV
AMS x3
Uttanasana x3
Trikonasana x2
Parsvakonasna x2
Virabadrasana 1
Vira 2
Parsvattonasana
Ardha Chandrasana
Parsvattonasana
Ardha Chandrasana
Prasaritta Padotanasana x2
AMS
Setu Bandha
Eka Pada Setu Bandha (back and forth- felt great on my sacrum!)
Janu Sirsasana x3
Baddha Konasana x2
Supta Baddha Konasana
Uppavista Konasana x2
Bhardvajasana x3
Virasana cycle
Supta Virasana
Padmasana
Savasana

at this point I was really ready for some pranayama but my nose is still unbelievably stuffed from my cold. But I am thinking that I will be focusing much more on pranayama and meditation now. At any rate, it was great. I remembered why I loved that sequence so much. (note: the repetitions are mine and are note stated in the book. We also added Setu bandha).

I have decided that this is going to officially be the last week of classes. They are just taking it out of me. I may start using the time a bit more for my own practice, or I may just stay home and knit or sleep. If you are interested in coming in to do your own practice when I am in the studio, that is great. I will ask for a small donation for the use of the space. I have plenty of sequences available, and also folks might be interested in doing some of the therapy sequences. (Jessica has found a new appreciation for L-pose.)

I will keep updating this, so check back often.

No comments: