Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Whoops!

I may have actually taught one of the worst classes of my life last night. Here's a tip: at 8 months pregnant, showing up for a 6pm class without having eaten is very ill advised. At any rate, class happened, and I hope that those of you that were there benefited in some way. I promise to be better fed from now on. By the end of class, I was so blown out that I really was functioning at a very low level. Fortunately, Hallie completely saved my life and invited me to swing by her house on my way home so that she could run out a give me several slices of pizza that her hubby had made. Yummy! And really probably saved me from a much larger break down. The fact that I never cried at any point in time is really quite impressive.

So that is my shameful confession. I had a great sequence planned but I got so wrapped up in the moment and we spent an inordinate amount of time practicing bunny hopping forward from down dog to uttanasana. It was really great fun and it generates such a sense of playfulness and childlike abandon. I had fun at any rate and was really living vicariously through everyone.

I am also very grateful for everyone's adaptability with the uncertainty of the schedule. It is my preference to be much more planned out and organized when it comes to the projected schedule, so it is nice to see everybody being so open to the unknown with me. In fact, it may happen that we do not have class tomorrow morning as Maple is quite ill and might not be going to the kinderhaus in the morning. If this is the case, I need to be with her and do some good mothering. I will most likely not decide until late tonight, early tomorrow. I apologize in advance for any confusion or inconvenience in advance. It is my intention to be there, but I shall have to see.

That is all for now. Carry on.

No comments: