Monday, December 29, 2008

Holiday Yoga Spree: Day 2

Wow. I am one tired pregnant yogi. I think this will be the last time that anything remotely like this happens for quite some time. Sadness, I know. But I can barely scrap my pregnant self up off the floor for long enough to post this. Tomorrow is our last day, and normally that would be a very climactic event, but I am not so sure... I am however, sure that the Holiday Yoga Spree is an awesome thing and something that should really turn into a Viroqua tradition. 9 hours of Yoga in 3 days is such a great opportunity to go deeper and gain new insight and to just polish yourself until you shine in the company of fellow practitioners.

We did deep hip openers (even though we did them yesterday to...) with some really great forays into lotus land. It was fun and my hips were definitely way open at the end. I think that others had a good time as well. We missed Kae and Hallie today but were joined by the illustrious Paula Grenier, who I have not seen really in too long and who I love seeing.

One thing that is really so great is the post spree picnic which I have to say, Anne really rose to the occasion of today! Kathy and Anne did not know about the Sunday plan so they brought picnic yums today and even thought I had to leave pretty quickly for pre-natal appointment the call of Anne's lil' carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting was a little too loud for me to resist, a number of times....

I am having a blast hearing people's resolution poses and really celebrating that with them. I mean really, I love this! And to see how in general, people are so much closer to them than they think.

Tomorrow, standing poses and backbends. Maybe a really long Savasana. Really long. Also, I will bring the camera again tomorrow. Today the camera was with Chris and Maple ice skating!

Anyhow, here is the sequence from today. Enjoy!


AMV
AMS
Uttanasana
Standing Marichyasana
Standing Baby Cradle
Crescent Pose
Garudasana
Padangustasana
Pada Hastasana

Straight leg lunge (R,L) to uttanasana
Bent Leg lunges with leg to floor to AMS
Uttanasana
Parsvakonasana
Bent leg lunge, twisted
AMS
Pigeon prep
AMS
Pigeon prep (sternum over foot) to AMS
Gomukasana (wide feet)
Gomukasana (classic pose)
Janu Sirsasana 2x
Ardha matsyendrasana
Parsva uppavista konasana
Baddha Konasana
Supta padangustasana 2, prep
Supta padangustasana 2
Baby cradle
Reclined baby cradle
Triang mukaikapada pascimottanasana
Parsva sukhasana
Agnistambasana 2x
Bharadvajasana 2 2x
Padmasana (with strap if necessary- and over onto belly)
No hands lotus
FAB- lotus
Sirsasana with padmasana
Sarvangasana
Eka pada sarvangasana
Padmasana in sarvangasana
Setubandha with block
Supta baddha konasana
Savasana

Most of this is from a sequence for the fabulous Christina Sell. Also we threw in some hanuman work somewhere in there for Kathy. All for one!

No comments: